The charity’s objectives and activities
Our objectives are:
- To provide for local children’s right to play
- To promote inclusion and social cohesion
- To support and promote healthy lifestyles for local children
Our activities which support our objectives:
- We manage and run an adventure playground open for all children up to the age of 16 in Bethnal Green in London. We create unique opportunities for play.
- We also supervise specific physical activities e.g. Football, Rounders, Basketball, which help to improve hand eye coordination and promote team skills.
- We have an indoor area which acts as a community centre where all are welcome. Parents mix and children play when it is too dark outside, aiding social cohesion.
- We provide free and heavily subsidised meals for 40-200 children every day, which enables young people to eat meals which they may otherwise miss.
- We also run workshops looking at issues such as antisocial behaviour, knife crime, personal and social development, building self esteem, decision-making and other topical subjects essential for young people.